Monday, June 14, 2010

I saw a rainbow tonight

I was driving home tonight and before me sat a perfect rainbow. I don't usually see the full half of a rainbow (because as you know, rainbows are circles, we just don't see the other half because of the horizon line), but tonight I did. I could see most of the colors and it was so beautiful. When I saw it tonight, especially because of how crisp it was, it made me think of Noah (of course).

Maybe I think too much or read into things alot (don't judge please) but I started thinking about the rain falling on my car and the dark clouds around me but since the sun was behind me I knew there had to be a rainbow nearby. I took to be a little metaphorical (is that a word?) in how some times we can be in a 'teary' place but when the Son is shining His promises will follow through. He promised Noah with the sign of a rainbow and He continues to do that for us today. We must remember though that our rainbow or promise is that of the cross. After the tears became the Resurrection and the promise of eternal life with Him.

Coincidently the song on the radio was by Third Day, Mountain of God. The words are below and it sort of all tied together.

Thanks for making my day, Lord.

Mountain of God

I thought that I was all alone,
broken and afraid,
but you were there with me,
you were there with me.
And I didn't even know
I had lost my way,
but you were there with me,
yes, you were there with me.
Tell you opened up my eyes I never knew,
that I couldn't ever make it without you.

Chorus:
Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard.
Well the one who's gone before me,
He will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley
to stand upon the Mountain of God.

As I travel on the road,
you have led me down,
you are here with me,
yes, you are here with me.
And I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
that you are here with me,
yes, you are here with me.
I confess from time to time I lose my way,
but you were always there to bring me back again.

~chorus~

Bridge:
Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from,
And the things I've left behind.
Well, of all I've had,
what I posess,
they can't quite compare,
with what's in front of me,
with what's in front of me.

Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard,
well, the one who's gone before me,
he will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley,
to stand upon the mountain. . .
well, I must go through the valley,
to stand upton the mountain. . .
yes, I must go through the valley,
to stand upon the mountain of God.

1 comment:

  1. I guess God wrote a response to your blog. I'm glad you always listen to Him. It was good to see you tonight.
    Hope

    ReplyDelete