Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3rd Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday mom!! Today you will be turning 74 and I know you will never set your eyes on this blog but I plan to say what is on my heart. You have been such an inspiration to me in more ways that anyone will know. Probably more than you or I will know because our personalities are so much alike its scary. Most people say I look exactly like you (but with less wrinkles) and I would have to agree. If that is the case, I have no quawms (sp??) about it. You are a spunky lady with lots of gumption and love to make people laugh.

I'll always remember you at our family reunions joking around with people and just making everyone feel comfortable. Maybe you were just letting them know that they weren't the craziest person at the party but you will always be remembered at those family functions.

On top of having so much fun I admire your dedication to the Lord and what an a-m-a-z-i-n-g example you have been to me. Although the terrible disease of Alzheimer's is taking over your memory your faith is strong and also love for the Lord. How wonderful is that?! The disease can get to you but it can't take the Lord away. I also admire your perserverance when you had to take care of dad and his health issues. You had to pick up the pieces and work to raise a family with 4 kids. You've been there for me when I've needed encouragement and I wish I could've recorded all our phone conversations over the last 10yrs since moving out west.

I feel my words or grammar cannot express the depth of love I have for a woman like you and the level of dedication, drive and love you've shown to our family. You have been so faithful to God and your family through all the years. I'm sure there were harder days than others but you pressed on. If Hebrews 11 could extend to today I know your name would be on that list. You are an amazing mother and I'm so thankful you are still around for me to share precious moments with.

May we always have our Sunday phone calls. Love you dearly Joyce!

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! I think every one should also know that she raised 3 girls that were only 13 months apart! That alone speaks of one strong woman!

    Thanks mom for working so hard to make a wonderful home and wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete