Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

At this point in my life I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing childbirth and all the pains and joys that that brings. But I did have the opportunity this week to feel something that is quite comparible in pain but with little in comparison to a 7lb baby boy or girl.

Over the last week I've had some pangs in my lower back and thought it was a result of my over exertion to painting and not taking breaks. But, no, the extreme pain that caused me to feel nauseated, cry like a grown woman has never cried before, crawl on the floor to try to get comfortable or pound a wall to try to relieve the torture was caused by a 3mm size stone travelling through my kidney. Never, have I ever had such pain run through me like that before and never do I EVER want to experience that again!

Some women who have had the pleasure of experiencing both have said that a kidney stone is far worse than having a child. I couldn't even imagine. What I do know is, morphine and narcotics work miracles when you really need it!!

I've also had some other exciting news as of late and that is that I've started dating a very special man. To which, I hope that part of my life doesn't pass but he did experience seeing me at my finest when (little did I know at the time) I was having a stone scratching my inside's. This past weekend I was visiting him and went through one of my painful episodes and had to go to the emergency in Lethbridge in the middle of the night. Talk about first impressions!!

Thankfully the little, tiny cause of grief has left my body but has given me memories for a lifetime. I'm also SO thankful for good friends like Hope that helped me get through the difficult ordeal. She had the wonderful enjoyment of seeing me beside myself with pain and advised me in the hospital to 'ham-it-up' for the nurses so I would get in faster. No 'hamming-it-up' in this corner. It was 'ode d' natural' for me!! What you saw was what you got! Crying, crawling, banging and begging for drugs.

I'm glad I could entertain her but she helped entertain me by reading me people's facebook messages that made me LAUGH and kept commenting on the cute doctor's passing by or helping me. At that point I could care less about doctor's and anyway, I'm still focused on the one that makes me smile. ;-)

It's always good to have friends around when you need them the most!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to your friends for sticking close to you at times like this. I wish I could have been there for you.

    Glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for good friends who see you at your worst and still remain your friend!!!
    i'm so thankful that you are doing better and praying that you never experience that again...yikes :)

    ReplyDelete