Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Mornings

I love Saturday mornings. I could even say this love started way back when I was a kid watching cartoons or when my sisters and I would go roller skating. When we were about 10 yrs old (or so) guaranteed you would find us at Wheels Roller rink from 9 - 12. Then we would come home for lunch and watch Dance Fever. Oh what fun! But since I've moved out west and have been on my own, I relish in Sat mornings for my time. As much as most of my evenings are spent in what would be considered 'my time', somehow, Sat mornings just seem different.

This morning I was able to sleep in which, at this point in my career (or lack there of), technically I could sleep in every day but Sat's I allow myself that luxury. I purposefully like to lounge around in my pj's and make breakfast (most likely blueberry pancakes). Today I took some time to walk along 17th Ave which is also referred to as the Red Mile. To those who don't what the Red Mile is, it stems from when the Flames were in the Stanley Cup finals in 2004 and everyone was on 17th with their red jersey's and committed complete mayhem.

Anyhoo, today has been a beautiful day so far. The sun is shining and few clouds are in the sky. I stopped off at a used book store, read a brief chapter about mistresses who have changed history. I know, geeky and crazy but I'm getting into history more and more. I think I'm attracted to the stories where things seem impossible but in the end have changed history and who we are today. Sort of like Ruth in the Bible. Then I stopped off at some furniture and accessory shops to get ideas for this new business endeavor I plan to embark on. Eeeek!

All in all, it was quite fun. I talked to a few retailers and soaked in the culture, the smells, the sun and conversations swirling about me. Today's been a good day.

Now off to visit some friends and play some cards. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment