Thursday, April 23, 2009

Underwear Story #2 - Coffee, Tea, or Me?

Well, I think I'm just going to jump into this story because there's no real way to ease into stories about your underwear. (Read story #1 if you haven't to catch yourself up)

A few months ago, during flu season, I had been getting sick from either the flu or cold so I thought a trip to the doctor was in order. Now, if you know me, I don't like doctors. I don't like the fact that doctors feel they NEED to give you pills or medication. To me, being sick is more of a pain because it takes time out of my busy schedule. Well, during one of my bouts of the flu I had been experiencing some cramping of some sort on my left pelvic side. I figured that since I was going to see the doc I'd just mention this to him and he'd give me some prescription and I'd be on my way.

The day I had decided to go to the doctor I had been so sick the night before (was housesitting at the time too so that was double the fun) and didn't really think about what I was wearing when going to the doctor. When I was in the doc's office and after I had told him about the cramping I was experiencing he asked me to hop up on that noisy paper that wrapped a bed and lay down. As I was laying on the table I wasn't really thinking about anything and just wanted to be on my way. So I proceed to....how do I say this politely.....make my pelvic area more accessible to the doctor, he was about to press his hand on the area of concern but hesitated when he saw my underwear. Now, if you recall, I was sort of out of it earlier that morning after the rough night I had so I didn't think about my undergarments. Also, if you have read the 1st underwear story I wrote you will know that I have 'unique' ones at that so this story won't be as surprising.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out why he hesitated when I can only see the top of his head while laying down and my mind started racing about what I had actually put on that day. I knew they weren't the musical ones (for sure!) and my mind started zipping through the variety of slogans or phrases that would have stopped the man from doing his job. Not that I have that many, mind you and not that you need to know that but it does sort of help with what was to come. Then all of a sudden I realized I had on a pair that had a picture of a coffee cup and saucer with the phrase Coffee? Tea? or Me? written on top of it. When the light bulb went on in my head I started busting out laughing and all the blood went to my face with embarrassment!!! I had to cover my face and hold in my gasp of 'OOHHHHH NOOOOO!!!!' that had projected out of me in between the laughter!! I was SO embarrassed?! Here I was, on top of the table, somewhat exposed and the only thing I can do is cover MY FACE!

Now, usually when I'm embarrassed I have to laugh it off cuz there's nothing I can do about it at that time....especially in the predicament I found myself in. We both had a chuckle and he proceeded with his Physician duties and started writing out a prescription (of course). After he handed me my prescription he had to make the wonderful comment that I shouldn't take it with coffee or tea!!

Well, I think I made a definite impact on the man that day and unfortunately have seen him since and to which he recalls the wonderful incident. At this point I can only laugh and add it to the wonderful collection of stories to be told.

2 comments:

  1. coffee? tea? or me? wow. where do you buy your undergarments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where everyone gets them....i just like the 'different' ones. I like to be different, didn't you know that?! haha

    ReplyDelete