Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Desire

Over the last few weeks I've been listening to Jeremy Camp's song, My Desire, and I can't seem to get enough of it. The more I listen to it, the more it pulls me in and truly expresses how I feel about .....well, my desire.

Most of you know me well enough to know that to the core of my being I continue to strive to serve God and do His will. I feel my tongue is not eloquent enough to express how I feel about this desire, my longing to fulfill His purpose and to continually live my life for Him. I'm sure I'll also edit this a few times over the next while to effectively communicate how this song emulates who I strive to be. Many of you could probably write a far better speech about this but I guess that is where my I feel I relate to singing and songs. The line that stands out for me the most is in the bridge where it says that 'There's not much I can do to repay all You've done, So I give my hands to use'. That's me. Right there. If there is anything that I can give then it would be my hands. In service and in praise.

Yes, I may struggle. Yes, I may doubt. Yes, I may question. But at the end of the day I know that He is with me and wants the best for me. He loves me enough to want to spend the rest of my eternity with Him. Despite all my faults and failures. Despite all of them. Praise God!

I know I don't have much to offer, Lord, but what I can offer is my hands, my heart, my life and hopefully be all that You have wanted me to become.

My Desire
by Jeremy Camp
You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king
You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the King
This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by You
You want to be real, you want to be emptied inside
And I know my heart is to feel You near
And I know my lifeIt's to do Your will
It's to do Your will
This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire, to be used by You
This is my desire, this is my desire
To be used by You
All my life I have seen
Where You've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all You've done
So I give my hands to use
This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire, to be used by You
This is my desire, this is my desire
To be used by You

No comments:

Post a Comment