Saturday, June 27, 2009

My little rant of irony at its finest

So, I've started this little business of mine with painting walls and nails. I'm lovin' it! I can't believe I get paid to do this!! I always said I would never own my own business and here I am doing it on my own and just working my butt off trying to make ends meet. In both scenarios (painting people's houses or having people come to my house to get their nails done) I get to meet new people, chat with them, get to know about their lives and see how they live, etc. Hopefully I can use this as a ministry and be an example to my clients and show Christ through this job. It's good for my soul. I didn't realize how much I didn't like sitting at a desk!!

However, the irony in it all is that now that I've started this new adventure I've started to get tingling in my hands and arms. Not because I'm SO excited but because that's mainly what I use all day - from the shoulders down to my finger tips. Pretty much, I'm getting carpal tunnel and it SUCKS! I feel like breaking out in song with Alanis Morrisette's song Ironic. I LOVE what I do. I don't know if I could do this forever as its taxing on the body, I tend to change jobs often..... and I'm still looking for my knight in shining armour to wisk me away so I don't have to work anymore and just travel. But I'm learning lots and am proud of the work I've done! Ya! I'm proud! I think I'm doing well.

Any suggestions on how to prevent carpal tunnel or get the tingly feeling away?? I'm doing some exercises that I saw on You Tube and have taken some Tylenol but any suggestions would be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment