Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yes Man

I had an opportunity a few weeks ago to catch the flick 'Yes Man' starring Jim Carrey. The movie wasn't too bad but I think the message was much greater. Lately I'm becoming more of a movie buff and I try to get hidden messages out of them, which I quite enjoy. There's always a message....you just have to find it.

With Yes Man, not that I want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, is about a man that goes to some 'Yes' seminar and shows how things change in his life when he starts saying yes to things.

I think I am a Yes Woman! If I hadn't said yes, I wouldn't have gone on the Acapulco cruise by myself and met some wonderful friends I will have for life. And, of course, been able to sing on stage as Madonna and have a cd of it! ha! If I hadn't said yes (with the help of Hope P), I wouldn't have explored Greece, Italy and Turkey and been completely moved by the countryside of Tuscany. I need to go back there too because I left my heart there. It's there somewhere....I just have to find it! ;-)

I hope I am a Yes Woman to look at opportunities with a gleam in my eye and experiences that I never would've imagined. I have another opportunity to possibly go to Paris next May and I'm completely excited about it but I'm a little concerned with finances. I'm not sure how long this painting gig will last but I'm willing to make an effort to try and say 'yes'. The confidence and strength I'll get along the way as I take each step. Trust me, I tread lightly on some adventures, especially when travelling by myself but I've made it through this far and I've lived to tell the stories.

Oh, what does the Lord have planned next......

No comments:

Post a Comment