Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Countryside

This past week I was working out at a friends house that was East of Okotoks. You pretty much have to pack a lunch to get there and considering that I'm currently housesitting in Rocky Ridge its quite the commute. As much as it is far to get there, the rewards far outweigh the trip. The house is about 25min outside of Calgary situated on an acreage with a beautiful landscape stretched around the property. On a clear day you can see mountains to the West and prairies to the East. Personally, I think its quite a deal being out there and the best of both worlds.

Even though I was raised, as a child, in the city and have only lived in the city it amazes how much I feel more at home out where there isn't a soul around. A country girl I am at heart. It is so peaceful and I thought I would feel lonely out there but ironically I felt more at peace. I didn't have access to the internet and at one point my phone died so I didn't have access to the outside world at all. They did have satellite television but I didn't turn it on once. How nice.

Amazingly I painted the whole house (1 coat) in 4 days and am quite proud of myself for the job I did. I seem to impress myself (anyway) with my painting skills and what I have accomplished so far. My deltoids are showing it also! I'm sure anyone reading this will care less about paint but I find it truely therapeutic and with being out there it was definitely what I needed. The only entertainment I had was good company, watching cows and reading the Bible. I was reading Joshua again, which I can blog about later but just having those peaceful moments was God-given and the perfect prescription to a much needed longing heart.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. That sounds very relaxing. Did you read James and Nicola's new blog and in particular a comment left by one of their friends? Check it out!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete