Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Driving

My last couple of posts have been more thought-provoking and longing for a deeper spirit and passion within. Well, as much as the angel on my shoulder whispers in my ear to exude passion, the little guy on the other shoulder in the red outfit plays a part in my every day as well.

I would have to say that driving is one of my vices. I drive. I drive fast. I get speeding tickets at least 3 or 4 times a year. You think I would learn by now but the more I can get done in one day, the more productive I feel. I could also write about how much I need to slow down and its 'not all about the destination as it is the journey.' BUT, I'm not. I could ....but...why? haha

Driving, I do it and I do it fast. I've decided to put in point form all the driving issues or pet peeves I have. That's right....I have a few pet peeves with those around me that don't know how to drive. Of course, I think I'm the one that is in the right most of the time. Granted I will admit when I'm wrong but that's so rare. haha

1) If the speed limit says one thing and you are doing Sunday driving then please proceed to the right lane. It's there for a reason and I need to be somewhere faster than you.

2) Do people know that the left lane is for passing? Or does that go out the window after you pass your test? I understand if the other lanes are full and you would rather be in the left lane but if your purpose there is not to pass someone then move. I try not to swurve in and out of lanes (I'm better at it than years ago) and I don't pass on the right but it drives me nuts when Miss. Slowpoke is in the left lane.

3) If you plan to talk on your phone...as we know many people do, myself included, than you better be able to keep up with how you would drive if you weren't on the phone. If you can't go the speed limit and talk on the phone then you'd best get off the road or phone .....you pick.

4) Teenagers: I remember being there myself and doing stupid stuff in cars (not like that) but why do they insist on jumping up and down in a car and squabble about. I know, I know...they are teenagers.... I get it...but then again, I don't. It's more of an irritant than a pet peeve.

5) Women drivers: Am I generalizing? Heck ya. I could be worse....but I am refraining. Maybe I'm just a confident driver but some women are so slow or cautious. I think we need signs on our cars saying SD or FD (slow driver and fast driver) just like BC does with their 'N' or 'L' (New or Learner...or as I call it, Nerd or Loser - jokes, jokes).

That's all I have for now but I'm sure I'll add to this as life goes on.

3 comments:

  1. oh, oh, oh! pick me, pick me! my hand is up!!!
    one thing that increases my rage with highway driving is being stuck behind a slow driver on a single lane with no passing opportunities, but then when you do get the opportunity to pass, the slow driver all of a sudden gets a heavy foot and starts to drive faster...grrrrr! i have been known to say not-so-nice comments to those people :)
    and i SO SO SO agree with left lane passing...not so much in the city cuz technically it doesn't count, but passing someone on the highway in the right lane is dangerous...and utter stupity on their part if they don't know what "slow traffic keep right" means ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Brandi...you and I make a great team! Will you be my roller derby partner?? haha

    ReplyDelete