Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Passion Play

I've just gotten back from watching The Passion Play in Drumheller, AB. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a theatrical play depicting a few snapshots of Christ, his ministry, his death and resurrection. Drumheller is located approx 2hrs NE of Calgary in the 'Badlands' also known for the Royale Tyrell Museum.

I've been to this play before and, of course, have seen the movie The Passion but I think its good for the soul to revisit it every so often. The more I grow in Christ, the more I am drawn to trying to capture the realism that is himself, Christ. That he was sent from heaven by God and put a human touch to our faith and belief. Seeing him interact with those around him, his disciples, the crowds, the children and the rulers of the law gives me comfort that there is an example to which we are to follow. I know, I know....we all know that we should look at life asking ourselves, 'What Would Jesus Do?' but seeing the play again makes me realize (again) that we do have a standard to which we are to live. He was 'gentle and humble in heart' (Matt. 11:29), he had a demeanor, a personality, a sense of humor, a way in which he would restrain himself from correcting those around him (impulsive Peter or the betrayal of Judas) and most of all - P A S S I O N.

Is that our standard? Passion? Oh Lord, let me live a life full of passion and guide me when I am not so humble and gentle in heart! I try every day and in all of them I will fail at some point. I'm so thankful for the grace that is bestowed upon me and for something of which I am still trying to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment