Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Girl Boyfriend




I recently found out that one of my friends (CB) and her family will be leaving us shortly. I'm sure it will fly by sooner than I would like but such is life. Life goes on and we must appreciate the times we had together and treasure the moments like special jewels.

I met CB a year ago and didn't think much of meeting someone new. There are many families that have moved up here for work and most of them usually end up staying. Unfortunately such is not the case with the Brown family. Within the last week they were told that they would be transferred back down south with her hubby's job. As much as I am happy for them that they are able to be in a city that were hoping to be transferred to, a part of me will be leaving as well and so I say good bye with a tear in my eye. Actually two. One is a happy tear for them and a sad tear for me.

I didn't think that I could connect with someone so quickly as I have with CB and I'm so grateful and thankful for a gift of friendship that has been planted and continues to grow. I gave CB the title of my 'Girl Boyfriend' a while ago and its more a private joke between us that no one will really get except for CB and I, but that's okay. It isn't meant for others to get.

CB, you have been an inspiration, a light, a friend, a confidant, a singing partner, a shoulder, a date and most of all, a God-send. You are an amazing woman with a beautiful attitude and perspective. I hate to see you leave but I know I will treasure our short memories together for a lifetime. I'll try to visit you at some point but in the mean time, stay true to who you are for you will brighten anyone's day.

Tears/Cheers to you my dear friend.
'What happens in the nail room, stays in the nail room.'

2 comments:

  1. Aw! What a sweet post! And what a great pic of you and Carrie- beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky this really touched my heart!! I know we will remain friends!!I am so going to miss you girl!! I love you!! I think it is okay to say this considering we're girlboyfriends. :) Thank you for this post, it was really really special and made my heart.

    ReplyDelete