Sunday, August 23, 2009

Family Camp

This weekend was our church annual Family Camp which we spent out in Kananaskis country. It's such a great place out there. I love the mountains, trees, fellowship, singing and relaxing in God's country. As much as I don't have a family out here and am by myself I consider my church family to be my family. I enjoy hanging out with the different families or feel comfortable enough to just sit by myself and read. It's nice to see the kids playing together and all of us feeling comfortable around each other just 'doing our thing'. Isn't that what family is all about?

I also love the fact that people from Journey get together with the Calgary Church of Christ family. It's sort of like a family reunion. It's like time hasn't passed and we just get together like its old hat. Granted there are more bruises this year with our family since last year but we are there to support each other and still be together as a unit.

I think my favourite part about family camp is....well, the things I mentioned above but laughing is definitely right up there. More stories are told, more embarrassing moments are had, people laugh at each other, people laugh at me, I laugh at me. It's just great.

At least I know I can go to bed tonight, reflect on the day/weekend and have a little chuckle and a smile on my face.

Yeah. Life is good. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! We're laughing! You've made going to an outhouse enjoyable for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sad we missed it this year, but we heard it was awesome. Glad everyone had such a great time. It seems to just get better every year.

    ReplyDelete