Saturday, August 29, 2009

The roller coaster summer

Wow, I can't believe the summer is almost over....again. I treasure the summer, relish in it and soak up almost every ounce of it. I wish it was longer but appreciate the moments we have. When its a nice day in Calgary.....its a NICE day in Calgary. No complaints here.

I just finished taking a walk along the bike path near my new digs in Inglewood and cranked up the tunes. I love the comfort of singing in the sunshine and feeling the cool breeze on my skin.

As I was walking I was reflecting on the summer and all that has happened. I've laughed, I've cried and thankfully there was more laughter than tears. I dated a guy for a short while and for some that doesn't mean much but for me it means alot because they are few and far between. That's a good thing though....I'm only looking for quality. The rest of the time is spent taking advantage of the single life.

Aside from boy stuff, I've started a business and has been great so far. Even though I've been painting indoors most of the time at least I'm not sitting at a desk and enjoying a view of a brick building and missing out on the sunshine. Some of my clients have views of the mountains or city skyline and its quite a picture perfect place when you're knuckles deep in latex.

I've also moved for the 10th time (at least) and my hope is to stay put for a while. I'm feeling quite at home here and my goal is to either die here or be married off but so help me if I need to pack up again!! The only time I would like to pack is if I'm heading off with my traveling shoes on a cruise or a beach.

I've even had the pleasure (sarcasm inserted here) of passing a kidney stone and making a trip to the hospital. I've never experienced that and the only reason why I'd want to experience that again would be so I can see the cute doctor Hope kept telling me about when I was crying in pain looking my 'oh-so-finest'!!

Most importantly I believe I've become closer with God and had some private/wonderful/tear-jerking moments with Him that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Thanks for the summer and see you next year! I'll be longing for you.

1 comment:

  1. Good times! Keep this one to read in January when you are wondering why the heck you live in this ice covered city! H

    ReplyDelete