Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just Friends

Okay...here's a question. Not sure if anyone actually reads my blog but here goes.....

Do you think that a girl and a guy can JUST be friends? Platonic. Nothing else. Just friends. No attraction from one to another or both.

Personally, I think that that is impossible. I think that no matter what, one or another or both will eventually start to develop feelings at one point or another. If you hang out with someone long enough then feelings would inevitably develop. I think its just IN us to develop feelings. If you like hanging out with someone long enough I don't see how feelings couldn't develop.

Relationships, any kind, are always on a trajectory (?) and there's always an ebb and flow so I don't see how at least ONE person in a relationship wouldn't develop feelings.

Thoughts?? Opinions?? Opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one and they all stink! So, please, add your comment!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff and I are discussing......he says that he thinks it IS possible, but not likely.

    I think that it depends on if someone is in a healthy relationship (example: happliy married husband and wife). Usually, if someone is in a healthy relationship with a member of the opposite sex, one is not looking for intimacy with anyone else and therefore will not be attracted to someone else on any significant level. I DO think it is possible to be in a healthy relationship and be attracted to someone on an insignificant level. For instance, Jeff will sometimes say, "That girl has really pretty hair." And I might say, "Wow- that guy has great arms." Finding someone attractive is one thing but acting on that attraction is a whole other ball game.

    So, there's my opinion. Hope it doesn't stink too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete