Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Obsession

Now, is it just me or am I the only one that has some strange obsessions. Well, I don't think they are strange but the more I come in contact with one of them (especially), the more obsessed I become with it.

What are they would you say? Well, the first is more common to those around me because I comment on it alot and that would be my teeth. Ever since I had my braces taken off at a young teen age I have been concerned with how they look, what's in them and people's comments on them. Since people had made comments alot or specifically my smile I knew that I need to take care of them because my smile is sometimes SO big. I don't think its a bad thing but I do get concerned when things are in my teeth and if I eat things like blueberries or drink tea and try to prevent them from getting stained. So.....please don't take offense if I ask you if I have anything in my teeth. It's not you...it's me.

My other obsession is that of perfume or smelling good. This is the one that I am more concerned about or that I am more obsessed with. I love perfume. Love it. L-O-V-E I-T. I don't just specifically mean perfume but what I am referring to is that of a smell that is a good smell. It could be hand lotion, room spray, cologne or a candle. Oh....and I can't forget laundry detergent. oooohhh weeehh!!

As long as it smells good...I'm all over it like a fat kid on a smartie. Today I was at the mall with my twin sister and we passed by a men's clothing store and they entice customer's to enter their store by spraying men's cologne into the main walkway. To me, that is wonderful marketing and I could've cared less about what was in the store but just stayed in the walkway all day. I even had to refrain from going into Bath and Body Works today because I knew that if I smelled something that I HAD to have I don't think I could refrain. Since I'm laid off right now I can't exactly afford to be spending money on things like hand lotion when my bathroom drawer is full of fragrances to last me quite a while. There's also a store in Toronto called Gina's which is a highend bathroom fixture store that carries wonderful room scents. Thankfully I didn't have my wallet with me or I would've gotten something but let me tell you....when I get a job....I'm going online to purchase that sucker. Seriously....I have a problem.

In the grand scheme of things....I'd rather have that be a problem than others. It could be worse and at least you know that I'll try my best to smell good. And maybe, you'll try to do your part too. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment