Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Boring Life

Most of you know that I am a fan of watching The Bachelor/ette. I've been watching it since Deanna turned Jason down a few seasons ago. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I've gotten some friends hooked on it. I say unfortunately because they have gone the extra mile to not only watch the show but read all the 'spoilers' for it and now I am hooked on them too!!

Lately I've been reading Reality Steve's blog on all that he knows in regards to who is the final choice for this season's bachelor Jake. In one of his recent blogs or in a radio Q & A with Steve someone had mentioned that they are friends with one of Jake's ex's (probably a cousin to the sister of the friend...blah, blah, blah...you get my drift).

Anyway, her comment was that Jake is 'really boring'. She said that he never wanted to drink or party and just stayed at home, etc. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but when did boring get associated with not drinking? I rarely drink and have never been drunk but I think I can find fun in alot of situations. Gosh, I tell people I don't drink not because of religious views but more admittedly because I can do stupid and embarrassing stuff without the influence of alcohol. No joke. I love to laugh and when people find out I've never been drunk they will make a comment like, 'Man, you would be a hilarious drunk if you laugh this hard when you're sober.' Really?

And as far as partying, well, I used to go to clubs but that was back in the day and honestly, not much has changed since then. That's what I call boring. Show me something else that goes on that is different from 15 yrs ago and I might consider crossing that threshold but for now I'll stick to the social life I have outside of a bar.

I'm not going to go into too deep a conversation with all of this but I sort of found it funny that that is the association. Granted, I'm sure there is more to the statement than she has communicated in this Q & A but the bottom line to me is, I'd rather be boring and enjoy the blissful life I have.

Off to Fabricland. JK.

4 comments:

  1. hey fabricland is a happening place.
    i've definitely been on both sides of the spectrum here, before i was a Christian, i was very much into the party scene and honestly could not have fun without drinking. after giving up alcohol, i still struggled with feeling like i was having any fun in life. now, i see that as a very poor attitude, and a very shallow life. it is so sad to me to see a lot of my friends from my former life still drinking and partying and doing all the same things we used to do in high school. i have learned how to have good, clean fun, and i enjoy it a lot more, AND i don't feel sick the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's you - you're pretty boring!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this would make me like the guy even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, Hope, boring, Boring, BORING!!! I always fall asleep when Reb is around. Yup, yup, yup ... nobody hangs around with that girl!!!

    smooch ...
    Bren

    ReplyDelete