Monday, February 1, 2010

Post Breakforth

Well, after a weekend of singing and soaking in I think it is understandable if alot of people who attended Breakforth wanted to relax today.

I had a great time this past weekend and especially getting to know more about the people I traveled with. I didn't realize Chelsey was so funny. We definitely had our moments and I loved it when she'd 'pretend' she was having a contraction to sort of let people move out of the way for her to get through the crowd. She didn't do it often but I hear she was a conversation piece...haha. Personally I think she should've milked it for all it's worth but she was a trooper. No wonder she's a mother...they can do just about anything!

I think the best class or lecture I went to was with Frank Peretti. He's quite an animated speaker but his message was really good too. I also attended a class taught by Shannon Etheridge who is a talented speaker and writer. One of the other classes I went to was on being co-dependant but after listening a while I realize I don't see myself as that type a person. I've had some people say that I have that personality type but after listening to this speaker this weekend I definitely don't see myself in that category at all. Or, should I ask, if you do think that I drain you emotionally and feel the need to be validated through you, then let me know. I think I feel the need for socialization and I thrive on relationships with people but I definitely don't think I drain people emotionally.

As much as the weekend is an encouragement and uplifting I know that some can come back home and slide down after such a high. I don't think I was on a 'high' so much but more reflective. I'd like to do more, even if I have wanted to say no to things. But more in the sense of focusing on relationships that mean a lot to me. First is my relationship with God. I know I need to work on my prayer life and daily Bible reading. Anything after that is a by-product of the relationship I have with Him. I'd like to be more intentional as well.

I think this weekend has helped stir up some things that I've been doing, sins I've been committing and giving me a repentant heart. Thankfully we are covered by grace. Not that it makes it easier for me to sin knowing that I will be forgiven. If that's the case I am missing the point altogether. God is a forgiving God and I need to be more forgiving and loving. And some days that's just hard to do but ....when God works through me by His grace (1 Cor 15:10), I know extraordinary things can happen.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have read many of Frank Peretti's books. Just wondered what he taught at Breakforth and what stood out the most :-)

    ReplyDelete