Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear Patroller Number 16

I would like to thank you for almost bringing me to tears today when I saw the wonderful blue ticket you left for me on my windshield. Actually, you should be thanking me that I am not writing this letter to you after I received it or you would've been hearing some choice words. However, since I found my surprise this afternoon I have had a chance to burn off some energy that would've been otherwise thrown in your direction.

Of course, I have to admit that I'm not sure who I'm more upset at, you or myself. You see, my luck with parking in the past year hasn't been top notch. What erks (?) me is that I did exactly what was told of me today. I parked my car, paid for my ticket, put it in my windshield and even came back just in time before it expired. But, of course, as I walked around to the front of my car there your letter sat. Soaking as it may be from the snow falling on it but still legible enough for me to read the violation I had committed:

'Failure to display valid receipt'

Arrrggghhh!!! Seriously?!

What makes it worse is that the time from when I purchased the ticket to when you walked over to my car was a sad 7 minutes. What? Do you just sit in the parking lot and hide until you know I'm officially out of the area before overcharging your ridiculous price!!?? Were you also hiding out waiting for my return to see my reaction too just for your own self-satisfaction?

Ugh!

You know, maybe if I made some more money and knew when my next paycheque would be I wouldn't be as miffed as I am. However, to know how hard I work for the $65 that you might consider 'chump change' frustrates me to no end. I admit that I made an error and can own up to that but $65!!!

With all that said, I hope you enjoyed your day today knowing that you have taken money from someone who made an innocent mistake. Sleep well, my friend. Karma is a kick in the pants! And please don't take any offence to this but I hope to never see you again.

Sincerely,
Your worst nightmare if ever our paths cross down a dark alley


1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, I called IPC and they removed the charges and I didn't have to pay. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete