Sunday, February 28, 2010

I heart Canada


Wow! What a way to finish the winter Olympics this year with the men's hockey game between Canada vs US! I'm definitely proud to be Canadian. Not that I wasn't before but I found it quite inspiring to see everyone uniting to cheer on our fellow citizens.

One thing I know for sure, I couldn't do this every year! The stress from that game was intense and I'm sure everyone else felt the same way. And, not only did we win GOLD for the men's hockey but we also broke the record with the highest amount of gold medals won surpassing the USSR in 1976 (thanks, Hope, for the tidbit).

Although I didn't watch much of the Olympics I did enjoy watching the women and men's hockey games.
Good job Canada. Job well done eh? I'm glad we were able to create some humour in the final ceremonies in regards to the malfunctions in the opening ceremonies and also our habitual statements like 'I'm sorry' or 'eh'.

No comments:

Post a Comment