Sunday, September 13, 2009

Outhouse Story #2

**Please note: You MUST read Outhouse Story #1 to appreciate Outhouse Story #2 (posted before this one).

A few weeks ago I attended our annual Church Family Camp which was quite relaxing, fun and of course have wonderful memories that will last a life time. Unfortunately this year there are a few stories that I don't wish to be repeated but alas they will never die so I might as well say it myself.

On the Sat, there were a few of us hanging around, sitting in our lawn chairs enjoying each other's company when the topic of outhouses happen to come up. Actually, I think it has to do with the fact that the night before Susan and I were making one last pit stop before heading to bed and didn't want to have to wake up in the middle of the night to have to make the cold treck later on. I decided to let her use the female outhouse and I thought it would be okay to use the men's. I mean really....what is the big deal if I use the men's. We're all at camp, a hole in the ground is a hole in the ground so who cares. Wrong!

It was dark out and I thought I had locked the door but apparently I hadn't because I was starting to 'prepare' or unbutton my shorts when I hear a young boy (won't mention any names since he's under age and I'm embarrassed enough....no need for two of us to bear the brunt of jokes) yelling to his fellow camp friends that he just needed to use the bathroom for a second. Well, as I'm hearing him say that a rush comes to my mind (and starting to unbutton at the same time) of, 'Oh, I hope I locked that door properly'. Well sure enough.....the door swings open and he yells, to which I am saying, 'Wait! Wait!' All this chaos about us and his response was, 'Well, you should lock the door properly!' And in my defence I cry, 'But I tried!' I wasn't sure who was the adult and who was the child in that scenario but it was just a collision of embarrassment!!

Which leads me to the next day when I was telling the folks sitting in a circle about the events of the night prior. Now I was TRYING to get the attention off myself from the embarrassment of the night before and thought I could mention the story about the hard labour I had done as a camp counsellor/teenager. The ONLY problem was and my advice to anyone wanting to tell an outhouse story is that your leading line should NOT start out with: 'Hey, I filled one of those one time!'

Sigh.

Really I don't mean to walk into these events.....I guess I seem to 'fall' into them! Oy!

4 comments:

  1. Good memories! It's why I like hanging out with you. What will come out of your mouth next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I can sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL

    Uh, just stay out of our outhouse, k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd stay out....if I knew who you were! Mr/Miss Anonymous

    ReplyDelete