Saturday, September 26, 2009

Waffle Nights

Years ago when I was a young girl the preacher and his family invited me and my family over to their place for a waffle night. I never heard of a waffle night before especially since I've only had waffles at breakfast time. Strange. Waffles at night. How can that be?

It was so great! I loved it. Other families were invited as well and we would load up our plate with waffles and sprinkle them with an assortment of goodies. Fresh fruit, whip cream and even ice cream! I found it so strange but it tasted SO good.

Needless to say, the memory has stayed with me. So strongly has it stayed with me that I decided to start my own waffle nights and tonight was my first. My guinea pigs were my 'made-up' family consisting of John and Brenda Coghlin and Dale, Susan and Erin Hildebrandt. It was so much fun and so delish!!

I hope to continue the tradition and also make some good use of my new waffle iron!! Let the good times roll!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you learned that waffles are good at any time. seriously.

    ReplyDelete