Monday, September 7, 2009

House Sitting Story #4

By now you might have gathered that me and housesitting for others don't mix well and I would absolutely agree with you. However, people don't seem to take my experiences and exposure to water seriously and continue to ask me.

It was only a few short weeks after the potatoe/sewer episode that I began my next house sitting adventure. I had warned the homeowner of my previous episodes and was determined to not let anything happen over this next 'stint'. And, although those sort of things are out of my control I still wanted to make sure I knew where the shut-off valve was for the water. The homeowner reassured me that nothing would happen since they just replaced the hot water tank a few months prior and there was no need to be concerned. To which my response was, 'HA!'.

Sure enough, I was performing my routine of changing the litter box or feeding the cats and when I walked down to the basement what do I see before me?! WATER!!! Again! Actually, I think that was my response before saying a couple curse words. 'WATER AGAIN!' You CAN'T be serious!

I've learned now that instead of freaking out I need to just take a deep breath and assess the situation....and look for the shutoff valve that wasn't shown to me in the first place. I then noticed that water was spraying from the waterline hose and onto the litter box which made quite a mess. Oh ya...baby...Go big or go home I say!

Long story short, I called the brother-in-law and he came over with some duck tape. This was of course after I decided to try a couple handles and such and accidently turned off the furnace. I only found that out later when it was freezing cold weather and I had a cold shower that night to boot!

Oh yes,....this was also the house sitting place that ties in with Underwear Story #2 posted a few months back. Talk about a trip I wish to not take part in again!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, maybe you suck at house sitting, but at least you're still pretty! :-)
    Hope
    PS: Hey, maybe you should blog on all the sayings you overuse, oops! I mean use! ha ha

    ReplyDelete