Friday, January 1, 2010

Partying like it's 1999

I may have partied last night like it was 1999 but this morning I was reminded that I wasn't even born in 1989....nor 79!

I was invited to a singles party last night from a friend of mine. And, of course, the 'yes Becky' of yesteryear was game for it and couldn't pass it up. Why not really? I figured if I am going to meet someone I at least need to be in a 'target-rich environment' (as I heard Dr. Phil once say). Maybe not the best environment but still. It was that or hang out with families with small children who will be up way past their bedtime and I wasn't up for listening to crying (no offence friends). Of course, by the end of the night I realized that it was past my bedtime too and I almost started crying. Kidding. ;-)

When I was at the bar I was quickly reminded again why I don't venture out to settings like that. In fact, I felt like I went back in time to when I used to dance it up on the hardwood floors 15+ yrs ago (yes, that's how old I am). The one thing I noticed that was different was that people use their phones alot more. They take photos on the dance floor (given) but they also text. Is that not tacky?? One guy kept texting all night and I thought it was the weirdest thing. On New Year's nonetheless!

The dress attire was pretty much the same too just more up-to-date. This wasn't a 90's party....80's would've been cool though. Anyhoo, as much as it's great to dress up and such, can I just add that it was 'butt-cold' last night. I mean, I love to dress up and can clean up pretty good but I'm not one for baring parts of me that aren't exposed to the light of day on a cool, brisk morning let alone a night when you can see your breath inside the entryway.

I did enjoy dancing and miss the girls I used to chum with back in the day. Those were good times.

To all the good times to be had in the New Year and no regrets. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment