Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

This year I spent Christmas at Hope and Darcy's place along with all the kids and a couple dogs. A partridge in a pear tree too it seems...haha. The house was crowded but filled with lots of love and laughter. I spent last year with them too and I love how 'at home' I feel there. I brought Tucker with me (the dog I'm looking after) and he enjoys it there too.

I think one of my favourite gifts they gave me was from Dawson. Hope had typed up a 'gift certificate' saying that it entitled Dawson and I to go on 3 carwash dates (that's our thing we do together) and his dad had to pay. He also had to give me 3 hugs (cuz I ask for one all the time) and I have to sing him a funny song when going through the carwash. It was just the sweetest gift and I love that he enjoys it too. I may not be a mother but I will treasure these moments because before I know it, us going to the carwash won't be 'cool or fun' anymore.

Ahh....hanging out with them is just relaxing and the way its meant to be at Christmas time. Of course, its like that more often then not. Even if we play Settlers and fights break out once in a while. haha ;-) (private joke to others reading this) What I love most about their place is that they have a revolving door. It's amazing and I couldn't imagine their place without it. The Pawlak family is awesome. Extended family too.

This past Sunday they were all at Wendy's after service, along with half the congregation it seemed. It was just great being around family even though not one of them is actually blood-related. I love that feeling and that is what family time is all about.

There are Christmas gifts and then there is time together with family and the latter is far more important and fulfilling.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww....I didn't see this one until just now. You are definitely part of the family or we might not fight in front of you....oh, whatever, yes we would.
    Hope

    ReplyDelete