Monday, December 7, 2009

The meaning of Yellow

There's a reason for everything and last night I had the priviledge and honour to celebrate with the Yellow Team of My Rona Home. Although the voters didn't vote for team Yellow and came in 2nd place they have won the hearts of many. The impression and character they have set for others to see will last many years longer than their mortgage. The bonus was a house but having the integrity and sincere demeanor faaarrr outweighs bricks and mortor.

I will say that I've been tempted to write my frustrations with others attitudes during the show and their narrowmindedness but I've also been taught that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all. Is it hard? Yes, but I think in this case I'd rather not waste any time on that and focus on the positive side of the whole experience.

I also looked up what the color of yellow means in regards to the psychology of it. Which is:

Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colors and instill optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts.

Last night it was hard not to focus on the positive side of what has been created; friendships, laughter and a sense of character set for a team that comes in 2nd. I'm so glad I was a part of it. I'm glad that I've been able to create friendships with Maggie and Lyla! They are just so sweet. In fact, Nic told me yesterday that Maggie made a comment about me, 'She's a nice lady.' Well, if that doesn't put a smile on your face!!!

Proud of you Yellow team and may you have many more wonderful memories to create in that house. I'll be praying for you and the people you've made an impression on because of this experience. *You know what I'm talking about.

And yes, Nic, crazy people will do just about ANYTHING to get on reality tv. Well done!! haha ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I think there's gonna be a lot of blogs and comments made about Team Yellow today. I just wrote a blog too. How lucky are we to have been along for the ride with our good friends, eh! What an amazing dream come true and an awesome end (despite the results) to the journey.

    ReplyDelete