Thursday, December 17, 2009

Things that happen on my lunch break

I was working at Black's Photography today; its one of my part time gigs I have right now and I was heading back to work from my lunch break. I work at the TD Square location which is a part of a mall (for those who don't know). Anyway, I was waiting for the elevator and a guy came up to the elevator as well and just started talking to me. He barely said a few words and then looked at me and said, 'I have to tell you....and I'm not sure why I feel compelled to and I haven't shared this with anyone but I'm so glad to be here right now with the job I have. I just moved here because I left a relationship where my boyfriend used to abuse me.' He then proceeded to tell me ways in which he was abused but it was a short elevator ride and he didn't get into too many specifics.

Well, now, if that doesn't take a girl back a bit.....

At first I wasn't really sure how to take the guy, especially since he had on more eye makeup than myself. A part of me felt bad for him but also glad that he got out of the relationship. We chatted briefly and I asked him if he knew anyone here in Calgary. He said he only has two friends and then commented, 'Well, I'm sure you have tons of friends and here you are listening to me.' My reply was something to the effect of the fact that we were suppose to meet I would love to get together for coffee. He just seemed to want someone to listen to him and he just needed a friend. We introduced ourselves and his name is Chase (for future reference).

Sometimes I think God just sort of drops people in our laps and its up to us to make the choice to grasp it or not. Who knows if the guy is real or not but it doesn't hurt to just listen. How much of an impact can you make on someone and hopefully have Christ shine through.

I'll keep you posted and if anyone is reading this I ask that you throw a prayer up for Chase and that hopefully I can reach out to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment