Monday, December 21, 2009

House Sitting #5 & #6

Well, I didn't think I'd have a housesitting story with the number 5 or 6 behind it but who are we kidding; I'm a sucker for punishment. I say #5 & #6 in the same sentence because not only did I go against my vow to NEVER housesit I'm now looking after two places at once!! How or why do I do this to myself?? I swear, my New Year's Resolution is to learn how to say 'no' to requests made of me, regardless of whether there is money attached to it or not. I'm paying some how!

My tales so far have mainly consisted of water and something leaking some where (not from me from something in the house). Of course there was the poo incident with the Hildebrandt's dog as well. With that being said, I guess I have a story to tell already from this experience. I'm sure I have more stories to follow, it is only the beginning of this little 3 week journey or escapade.

Today, I was going to be running around alot (surprise, surprise) and decided that instead of leaving Tucker (the dog I'm looking after) at home or outside in the cold I'd have him tag along with me. One of my little adventures was going to the church building to do some finishing-up painting that I wanted to get done before our Christmas Eve service this Thursday. Now, I've been working on this building for weeks and granted I could've worked faster on it but I also have another job and other happenings (installation of tile) that has taken me away from finishing in the original time I expected. So, I was at the building and the tile and grout are installed which was a big help and finishing touch to compliment the fresh paint and thankfully the tile was installed. I think Tucker was a little excited to be in a new environment and new people giving him extra love and affection. I was on a ladder and all of sudden I heard Meghan C say (she was my assistant today), 'Um....you might want to check on Tucker. He just pood on the floor.'

WHAT?!

Before I go any further, may I tell you that Tucker is a fabulous dog! Fabulous! There are VERY few dogs that I can say that about (just ask Hope) and Tucker is my #1 dog. He doesn't bark, bite or nip at your heels. Ahem.... Carrying on.....

This was quite a surprise to me that he would do such a thing but like I said, he must've been excited to see people. Anyway, for those freaking out right now and are putting words together for giving me a 'talking to' the next time you see me, I cleaned up the mess and sanitized the floor. I'm just glad it was tile on the floor.

So, does that mean the floor is officially 'christened'? And can that actually happen in a Christian 'fully dunking' church??

4 comments:

  1. at least it is tile.
    cleaning up dog poo from carpet is a lot worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be christened it would have needed to be sprinkled or dunked ... not dumped.

    lol

    Bren

    ReplyDelete