Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Friends with my former self

So, I had another weird dream last night. I'm not sure if its cold medicine I'm taking or something I'm eating but if or when I do I seem to have wild, crazy and vivid dreams. I had a few dreams last night but one that stood out to me and that I can actually type out is one of past events that have actually happened. I hope I can make sense of all of this or explain it the way it was happening.

I was reliving a portion of when I first went to Nanaimo. Actually, it was even before I moved to Nanaimo in 2004; I visited Ronni and Mart before she had their 3rd child Emma May long weekend of that year. It was like I was having an out-of-body experience watching myself in certain scenes but me standing next to ....well, myself. I remember sitting at the breakfast table at a friends house, sitting in church and lunch afterward. I remember the feelings I was having at that time and the excitement but then also a part of me was remembering all the hurt and pain I experienced when I moved there.

It was like I was a friend to myself with me being older and wiser than I was back then. The person I am today was trying to befriend my former self and share in the exciting times but being there when I was going through turmoil. And trust me, I shed many a tear. I should've invested in stocks with Kleenex.

When I woke up I felt like my heart wanted to reach out to my past self and help Becky out. It's like my former self and my current self were colliding in two different worlds. Does that make any sense? How can you be friends with your past self? How can you be a support and give advice or just be there for someone when they are at their lowest? Help encourage them when they are down and feel alone? I'm sure Hollywood could make a movie about this and I could make a killing. Heck, that's how Stephanie Meyer of the Twilight series was inspired. Yes, through a dream.

I know I have a long way to go but thankfully I'm far better off than where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment