Saturday, October 3, 2009

I can do all things

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

How do you read this scripture? For the longest time I don't think I fully understood it and even now I probably don't get the complete concept but at this point in my life I would like to say that I feel I'm living it.

For example, in a week I plan to make a trip across Canada and the US by myself in my car. I am heading to Ontario to spend some time with my mom who will be having some surgery and I want to support her and be there for her. Thankfully I've been given the opportunity to have my own business and can take as much time as I can afford to do this.

Not for once have I questioned planning this trip and to weigh the cost of flying vs driving was quite a difference and so I just automatically decided that I would make the treck with me and my car. For some, however, its quite surprising to them that I would take on such an adventure and by myself I might add. I'm not sure if I'm used to being by myself or I am living the above scripture statement. I've been more surprised at people's reactions to me driving by myself or saying how they would be scared/hesitant/nervous to do such a thing.

To me, I'm just doing what I need to do to be where I need to be. It's that simple. I know this is a small example compared to other scenarios of what it means to do 'all things' but its the principle of the matter. I just know I need to have confidence in God and that He is by my side through any challenge that I face.

There are many examples I could show but that might lead to me exposing myself in ways that are meant for me, God and ....Hope. haha

Can I do all things? Yes, I can be put to a challenge but if it wasn't for God by my side I wouldn't be as confident. If anything, no matter what happens I know that He is there for me and its me and Him at the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. So true! You are a great example of dependency on God! You'll be fine...and you'll likely have another story to tell. Let's write that book. :-)
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. road trips alone can be awesome...you just have to be willing :) and God will take care you!

    ReplyDelete