Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanksgiving

This weekend my original plan was to head west to Invermere to spend at a friends cabin. Once I told Hope and family about it they decided to join me which was completely fine. I'm sure spending quality, quiet time in the cabin would be nice its always nice to hang out with 'family' and play games, lounge around and eat.

Unfortunately winter has hit us already. Last week or a couple weeks ago we were breaking record highs and now my computer says -8C and the roads weren't the best for driving in . Sigh. To put a positive twist on this we decided to just stay in and hang out at the Pawlak home, play lots of Settlers, eat and be merry. Well, I'm not sure about the merry part....depends on if we each win at least 2 games each of Settlers.

So far its been pretty good. The kids are great, entertaining themselves and everyone is sleeping at this point except for moi sitting at their dining room table listening to their kitchen sink drip. Breakfast is in the oven and I'm literally waiting for chaos to begin. All in good time, Becky, all in good time.

We've invited the Roberts family over which will be fun. I'm just going to watch Peter and Darcy talk about hunting and see how much they light up a room. Forget the cold, the smiles on their faces will warm up the whole house. Crazy hunters. So, I guess we'll have 3 hunters in the house.....Darcy, Peter, and Hunter. Actually there might be 4 hunters depends on if the Carters decide to join us as well. Oh what fun!! I love all these families!

Happy Thanksgiving folks.....its going to be a cold-but-warm-inside weekend! God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment