Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mom's Hospital Stay - Part 2

I'm going to write here cause I don't really care to explain everything to everyone. If you asked me how she did yesterday I would say she's 'okay; bit of a hard day'. But the specifics go deeper than a six word reply.

I said in my last entry that if I had a dime for every time she asked where she was, etc well yesterday was much more than that. Those questions as least seem valid given that she may be confused from the anesthetic. I didn't stay too long at the hospital (6pm - midnight) but mainly because if she sees us (me and my sister) she will complain hoping that we can fix her pain. We can't and I know I don't want to move her as her knee isn't in a brace anymore, etc. However, in that time period she continually asked me to take off her shoes and that she wanted to go over....there (pointing with her nose to the window). The window to her was another 'room' or her apartment that she is staying in in a nursing home. She kept thinking she could get up and get out of there. And when I mean 'continually', I mean almost by the minute. And that's NO exaggeration. My words last night were constantly, 'Mom, you don't have shoes on. Those are special socks you have on that the doctor gave you to wear.' 'No mom, you can't go over 'there' that's a window and you are in the hospital.' 'Sure mom, you can get up, go for it.' Obviously she can't but they would love for her to get up and walk around as that is one of the exercises she needs to be doing.

It's not tiring saying it, well, I'm tired of speaking so much but I'm not tired that she doesn't get it. In a way I sort of laugh when she asks cuz its sort of funny but I realize she's just so confused. Again, I'm glad that she at least remembers us but other than that, she's quite confused. I definitely don't like to see her in pain though and that is something I can't control. I can't administer pain meds nor do I want to be responsible for that but I pray that God can be the great Physician, which He is. Of course, I say I laugh at some points but I have my moments where I want to cry for her too.

Love you mom, I hope you get better soon.

Off to the hospital I go.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are in good spirits! Praying for you and your mother! Thanks for the updates!!

    ReplyDelete